Dear Voice Master,
‘Your Speaking Voice’ manual and the following guidelines will help you prepare for your role:
You will observe the speakers and audience and point to individual speakers in your report to make them aware of how they control their voice.
The purpose of this role is to make the speakers conscious of their voice and help them control their voice emission and breathing and to practise leadership skills and constructive evaluation.
You are expected to give a clear and useful report on the use of voice in the Evaluation Session, so:
PRIOR TO THE MEETING
– prepare a brief explanation of your duties for the benefit of guests,
– think how to structure your presentation in the Evaluation Session.
– prepare some useful information and exercises concerning voice emission and, if necessary, arrange with the VPE and the TM to book a specified amount of time on the agenda for a training session.
UPON ARRIVAL AT THE MEETING
– assume a seat situated further from the lectern to encourage people to speak more clearly and loudly.
– want to ask the audience members to sit at the back of the room to make speakers speak more loudly.
DURING THE MEETING
– be ready to explain clearly and briefly your role (the purpose and the activities),
– observe carefully all the people who participate in the meeting,
– write down comments on how the speakers use their voice and how they control their breathing,
– when you give your report point to individual speakers to make them aware how they could improve their voice control or how well they can manage it,
– give practical advice, if something needs improvement, say how it could be done.