Easy Speak Guide for the VPE / IT Support
Dear VPE, IT Support
you are responsible for and can edit everything in the system on the club account.
If you encounter any problems ask other experienced TMs or try Help Options – Knowledge Base and Search.
Use a test account to practise various functions.
REMEMBER TO ENTER NEW OFFICERS NAMES BEFORE THE NEW TERM!!!
LINK TO AGENDA – COPY THE ADDRESS WHEN LOGGED IN
Below, find guidelines how to manage:
- Club Control Panel
- type of the meeting
- number – note: if you insert a meeting with an earlier date – check the system didn’t lose count of the meetings
- click on the button ‘meeting’ in the top left corner
- there is a ‘delete’ option in this link
At the bottom there are buttons to save and change agenda templates – be careful not to overwrite the templates which are in use.
link will appear after each scheduled meeting. Click on it and enter actual results (attendance and roles) and close the meeting.
You can always reopen the meeting to correct the actual results.
Only you can schedule speeches, so make sure you do it carefully and keep track of the scheduled speeches.
In this link you can view scheduled speeches, requested speeches and recent assignments.
- assign speeches to members according to preferred dates for each meeting
- you may request a speech for a member (icon) – they should confirm the role
- to delete a requested or scheduled speech go to a member’s profile (viewing version, not for editing)
- there are options – competition speeches, educational sessions and other
Make sure each user is assigned the current status.
NOTE: YOU CANNOT REMOVE THE ACCOUT! ONLY CHANGE STATUS TO PAST MEMBER – MAKE SURE YOU REMOVE ALL PERSONAL INFO [oi, ustawa o danych osobowych]
Add New User – unless the users can sign up themselves
- choose the membership status in the club
- if the user already exists on this system, locate them by data and then connect them to your club
- write in the email address – password will be sent to this address
- consult with the user what info you may include in the profile
- Submit – the username and password will be sent to the new user
Update to guest or member
- choose the membership status in the club
- change the view of name (only!) to ‘Public’
- complete ‘Introduced to the club by’
- ask the member to complete the profile
- include the Toastmaster Membership Number – you will find it on the TI website – Club Central
- start the leadership tracks: CL and ALB
- assign the mentor
- (change the requested number of meetings between speeches to ‘0’)
- (change the date format)
- click on the pencil button and edit the information
- choose the award
- if the user has forgotten the password – click on Reset Password
You can observe the history of
- leadership track
- membership campaign – which member has sponsored the most members
Go to Charts to add and record completed goals.
Record a CL assignment as completed
- collect the manuals
- click on the award name
- click on the assignment name and enter the date of completion
- when all requirements for a project have been completed any remaining ‘Not done’ blocks in the chart will disappear
- click on Go to refresh the project information
You can choose TM achievements in the profile, too.
Club control panel
allows you to import a list of members obtained from another source from a Spreadsheet.
allows you to import a list of speeches already made by members of your club from a Spreadsheet.
How to import
- check the Knowledge Base for instructions
- download a sample spreadsheet and complete it
- save as csv
- import the csv file – check everything before you confirm, you can’t change it later
- edit permission settings
- add new functions
- Automatic Role Allocation Settings – write ‘0’ if there are not many members in the club
- make sure the status assigned to the user who added themselves does not contain any permissions
Edit the places of meetings.
The location cannot be removed if any meeting has this location.
Specify the sort order – this is the order in which awards will appear on the Meeting screen, and in all reports.
- use already added roles as an example
- specify the sort order – the roles will appear in this order in agenda and charts
- (there is a limit as to roles that may be displayed on roles chart, therefore be careful before marking ‘Show on Roles Chart too’)
- it is best to disable ‘Allocate roles automatically’ in each status
- ‘Treat as ‘past’ on the user list’ if you do not want the user to be shown on edit screen of the agenda, because they are not a current member or prospect
- carefully fix permission settings for each user