Dear Listening Master,
the following guidelines will help you prepare for your role:
You will check how much attention the participants pay to what is happening during the meeting.
The purpose of this role is to help people become more focused and have fun.
You are expected to ask members questions about the meeting, so:
PRIOR TO THE MEETING
- prepare a brief explanation of your duties for the benefit of guests.
DURING THE MEETING
- be ready to explain clearly and briefly your role (the purpose and the activities),
- remind people to focus on what is going on during the meeting,
- make notes of different things happening during the meeting:
things speakers say
things that happen
- ask questions to the audience about those things and give points for the correct answers to people who answer first,
- make note of the winner’s score on a special ballot.