Dear Table Topics Speaker,
the following guidelines will help you prepare for your role:
You will answer the question during the Table Topics session.
The purpose of this role is to practise impromptu speaking, in other words – ‘think and speak on your feet’ (without preparation).
You might be asked a TT question, so:
PRIOR TO THE MEETING
- check the theme of the meeting so that you can prepare some ideas beforehand,
- study the TT template.
DURING THE MEETING
- be ready to answer the Table Topics question when called by the TT Master,
- remember about the time limits,
- greet the audience,
- try to remember that your answer is like a short speech,
- try to use the ‘Word of the Day’ if it has been announced,
- remember you do not have to tell the truth.